On behalf of the City of Del Mar, I would like to personally thank you for your efforts and professionalism on the public auction of the City-owned prime residential propery, known as the "Balboa Lot." ...CLICK HERE FOR THE LETTER FROM THE MAYOR OF DEL MAR
Richard Earnest - Mayor of the City of Del Mar
Del Mar, CA
- SURE sold this property for $4.4 Million in less than 6 weeks
- SURE closed escrow 2 weeks early
- SURE netted the City $700,000 more than their targeted proceeds
- SURE was selected by unanimous decision by the City Council, City Attorney, City Manager, and Mayor of Del Mar to represent the City in the sale of this property
- SURE set multiple records for highest priced auction in Del Mar and 2nd highest priced lot sale in the HISTORY OF DEL MAR.
"…I appreciate you keeping me in the loop every step of the way and coming up with such an effective way to sell our home in The Farms. We felt very comfortable with you handling and the details of escrow and closing the sale; escrow was fast, under four weeks, and went smoothly thanks to you. As an attorney and CEO it is my business to read between the lines and found you that were professional and true to your word. I would strongly recommend you and your innovative strategies to anyone looking to sell their home. P.S. Carla and I are loving our new Austin home...let's play blackjack again when I am back in town."
Wayne and Carla W
Rancho Santa Fe, CA
- SURE sold this multimillion dollar property in just 28 days (it was previously listed for 5 months)
- SURE addressed 72 request for repair items to close the deal
- SURE netted the seller $280,000 more than targeted proceeds
"Steve, thanks again for selling our La Jolla property. We're very grateful that you contacted us regarding this property so we could finally get it off our books and get a fair price for it..."
La Jolla, CA
- SURE sold the home for $300,000 more than any previous offers
- SURE sold the property in under four weeks - the home had previously been listed by FOUR different agents for over 1.5 YEARS
- SURE resolved a lis pendens (law suit against the property), resloved a boundary dispute, and conducted a geo-survey to ensure foundation stability
"Thanks again for all your help in getting a buyer for our house so quickly.... My wife was skeptical that you could actually get a buyer in less than 90 days – but you did one better by not only getting a buyer, but also getting the deal closed all in well under 90 days from our first meeting. I don't know what we would have done had you not come along. Our sincere thanks."
Steve and Sharon G
- SURE sold home in 3 weeks that had previously been listed for almost 3 years
- SURE sold home for $2,350,000...it was previously listed for $1,900,000...SOLD FOR $450,000 MORE than previous list price
- SURE identified the "hot" buyer and met with the husband at 4:30 AM to do follow up showing before they left town
"Steve, I am happy to write this letter recommending you and your great team. I appreciate you being so diligent in getting our short sale completed. Being 3,000 miles away made this a seemingly impossible task, but you and your team were nothing short of AMAZING. I feel so much better now that it is behind me. I will refer you to everyone I know that needs to do a short sale!"
San Elijo Hills, CA
- SURE negotiated approval of short sale on 2 liens with FULL RELEASE
- SURE obtained 12 offers on the listing in 5 days (and many more after acceptance)
- SURE found an investor-buyer and kept the tenant in the property per seller's request
"Dear Steve, We so appreciate you taking the journey with us of buying our first home as a couple. Sometimes it seemed that it wasn't meant to be with the market being so crazy and FHA guidelines changing all the time. As you know we really thought that we were only interested in Solana Beach, but when you showed us what Carmel Valley had to offer we realized that would be a great fit for our family. Even though we searched and searched, we couldn't find that home that felt just right. Then there was that fateful day where we were searching for homes all day and nothing seemed right and we remembered a house that Adriana showed us some time back but knew it wasn't on the market any longer. But, thanks to you taking the initiative to go knock on the owners door and talk to them personally we were able to make that our new home. We didn't even think it was for sale, but because of your efforts it is now our home and we love it!"
Michelle B and Larry G
Carmel Valley, CA
- SURE found buyer an UNLISTED property
- SURE secured financing for only 3.5% down
- SURE negotiated the purchase price, saving the buyer over $30,000 off seller's price
Dear Steve, Thank you so much for guiding me through my short sale. At first it seemed very daunting and nerve wracking to go through that process. I was very nervous about having to do a short sale and didn't know what to expect. I appreciate being involved though each step. I was so happy that you kept the deal together even when the buyer was going to cancel. Most of all, I am glad that is over!"
Solana Beach, CA
- SURE short sale was negotiated and closed in less than 80 days
- Seller received full release on 2nd lien (none required on the first)
- Buyer threatened to "cancel escrow" and retained an attorney - Steve Uhlir negotiated personally with buyer's attorney and successfully closes escrow per ALL of the seller's terms
"Steve, thanks for sticking with us through a long process. I appreciate all your hard work and guidance in getting my house in Kensington sold. It seems that all the other listings in the area just sat on the market while you were able to get mine sold for more than I expected. Then, to top it off you were able to find the perfect home for us in Encinitas. While we had originally had our hearts set on a home in Del Sur, your willingness to search other areas and really pay attention to what mattered most to my wife and I resulted in a home and lifestyle closer to the coast which has been a huge blessing for us."
- SURE sold home in Kensington for buyer in a separate transaction - buyer used sale proceeds for "move-up" home purchase
- SURE wrote a "non-counterable offer" on new home well under list price - offer ACCEPTED by seller
- SURE closed purchase escrow in 27 days
"Steve, your ability to identify the right property to me was so helpful. Thanks for all your hard work in helping with my relocation. I really appreciated you taking the time to drive a bunch of communities with me so I could get a flavor of what was available in San Diego and what was the best fit for me. Your knowledge of the area is very apparent and was a huge help to me in moving the process along quickly. I also appreciate you giving me guidance on selling my home in Texas before by relocation to San Diego. You tips on what do to prepare my home saved me a lot of money."
- SURE provided relocation guidance to out-of-area -buyer
- SURE assisted seller with their out-of-state home sale
- SURE and buyer enjoyed a smooth transaction every step of the way
"Thanks for making the process of selling my house so easy - without (you) I would have lost all my equity and my credit would have been destroyed. Instead I avoided foreclosure, got fast cash, and can now move forward and put this problem behind me...I cant believe you closed in less that a week! Thank You!"
Long Beach, CA
- SURE bought seller's home saving it from foreclosure - closes in less than 1 week
- SURE paid cash to seller and cured over $20,000 in defaulted payments just days before the foreclosure date
- SURE paid off seller's credit card so they could use it to relocate
"Thanks so much Steve. We really value your expertise and GENIUS..."
- SURE assisted buyer with 100% financing
- SURE negotiated a $10,000 seller credit paid to the buyer
- SURE structured buyer's purchase with virtually ZERO out-of-pocket expenses
"Thank all of you for making our first experience buying a home a great one. I appreciate you knowing the market so well. The home we ending up buying wasn't even on any of the searches we were doing on our own. If we hadn't been working with you we would have never even found our new home ".
San Diego, CA
- SURE found home outside of buyer's search criteria
- SURE provided this first-time-home buyer guidance and closes in time for a $8,000 tax credit
- SURE and buyer enjoyed a smooth transaction
"Steve, thanks again for helping with my recent condo purchase. After searching and searching for something right, I'm so glad you showed me what Mission Valley had to offer. Turns out I like it much better here and can get to work much faster. I really appreciate all your help".
Mission Valley, CA
- SURE found buyer a great neighborhood outside downtown (outside of the buyer's "exlcusive" search area)
- SURE provided this first-time-home buyer guidance and closed in time for a $8,000 tax credit
- SURE coordinated a seller rent-back so buyer can move in before close of escrow
"Eva and I would like to thank your for such a wonderful experience in selling our home. Having to move out of state on such short notice posed a stressful challenge to us. We were not looking forward to having to sell our home the “traditional” way...you are one of a kind...thank you."
Sincerely, Shawn and Eva M
- SURE bought sellers house and paid ALL CASH
- SURE enabled the seller to relocate to AZ for new job by purchasing home
It is with pleasure that I write this letter of recommendation for you and SURE Real Estate. I have worked with hundreds, if not thousands of real etate agents and brokers in my career and consider you one of the very best. I am always pleased when I see a new escrow opened by you because I know it will be handled properly on your end and that your clients will be well advised and informed. Over the years I have watched you do some of the most creative things in real estate I have come across and feel priviledged that I have been able to be a part of many interesting escrows as a result. Time, and time again, when speaking with your clients, and even the agents on the other side of the transaction, I hear how impressed they are with you and how much they enjoy working with you. It seems as though we have had to work though some very unique challenges in some of our transactions, but it always works out for the best in the end. I look forward to working with you on many more transactions in the years ahead!
Senior Escrow Officer (Former President of the San Diego Escrow Officer's Association)