SURE is proud to be a donor and/or volunteer of the following organizations:
Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
San Diego Red Cross
Rancho Coastal Humane Society
Del Mar Historical Society
Del Mar Library
Campaign for Del Mar Shores
San Diego River Valley Conservancy
Lance Armstrong Foundation
Challenged Athletes Foundation
Doctors without Borders
Northwestern Alumni Club of San Diego - President
Northwestern Alumni Admissions Council - Admissions Director
- Steve’s breadth of experience in real estate affords his clients a level of service that is very rare among real estate practitioners. He has closed countless “traditional” transactions for his clients ranging from $250,000 condos to multi-million dollar luxury estates. But, he also brings a level of knowledge very few agents or brokers possess. As an investor he has leveraged numerous techniques to purchase real estate including, “subject-to-financing", hard-money loans, private party loans, loss mitigation negotiation, default-reinstatement, all-cash purchases, lease options, traditional financing, and a plethora of other creative ways to buy real estate. Many agents aren’t even aware of some of these methods, nor do they possess the expertise to utilize them. Having knowledge of these strategies can serve not only Steve's investor clients, but also those that need to employ creative strategies to complete their home purchase transaction.
- Steve's business philosophy is about providing SERVICE to his clients and understanding what is most important to them. He operates with the highest integrity with all parities in the transaction and provides a level of organization and communication that is far too rare in the real estate field today.
- Technology expertise - this concept makes many real estate practitioners in today's market cringe, primarily because most don't know how to maximize technological tools or even use them which puts their clients at a severe disadvantage. At SURE we embrace new technologies which allows us to sell our client's homes faster and for more money with processes such as Internet syndication, custom websites, and superior MLS listings. We help our buyers find the best home for them through advanced search capabilities, including "off-market" properties. And, we make the administrative aspects much more convenient and secure through digital signatures and electronic document flow.
- Steve is a native San Diegan and offers a keen knowledge of the area that can only come with time. As a homeowner in Del Mar he resides with his wife Susan and dogs Sienna & Scout and can be found at Dog Beach in Del Mar most days. He lives an active lifestyle and enjoys surfing, swimming, and has been a Spin Instructor for 10+ years, having taught over 1,500 Spin classes to over 20,000 people. He is active in his church, Seaside, in Encinitas, and incorporates meditation and spirituality in his daily life.
- He is passionate about his community and supporting causes he believes in. He has been a sponsor of Children International for 18+ years which has afforded him the opportunity to travel as far as the Philippines to meet with his sponsor children to provide donations and support to the small village located on the island of San Miguel near Tabaco, Philippines.
Make the wise choice, choose Steve and the SURE Real Estate team for your next real estate transaction!
Copyright 2010: SURE | San Diego Short Sale. All Rights Reserved.
Steve is a Member in good standing of:
California Department of Real Estate: Licensed California Real Estate Broker
San Diego County Multiple Listing Service
North San Diego County Association of Realtors
California Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
National Auctioneers Association
Better Business Bureau
Call us Direct at 858-755-6070
Steve is a native San Diegan and has 23+ years of management and sales experience with over $1 Billion in sold revenues in his career. His past real estate sales have placed him in the top 1% of REALTORS® nationwide.
Steve has represented a multitude of different clients including:
- High Net Worth Buyers & Sellers
- Short Sellers (Sellers whose homes have no equity)
- Banks & Financial Institutions
- Commercial Real Estate Brokerages
- Residential Real Estate Brokerages
- Goverment Organizations Including The City of Del Mar
Steve Uhlir & SURE Real Estate were selected by the City of Del Mar as their Exclusive Listing Agent. SURE is the ONLY Vendor on the City of Del Mar's approved vendor list of approved real estate agencies.
- Steve is a graduate of the #12 ranked University in academics in the US, Northwestern University where he earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics as well as a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology in which he finished 4th overall in his class in that major in just over 3 years of study. While at NU, Steve was a Division I, Big 10 Varsity athlete for the Northwestern Football team. Growing up Steve was an honor student every year and member of the California Scholarship Federation in San Diego graduating in the top of his class. Steve is the sitting Co-President of the San Diego Northwestern Alumni Association and has been an Alumni Admissions Director for more than 10 years.
- As a licensed Real Estate Broker, he holds the highest designation of the Department of Real Estate and has successfully completed coursework in Real Estate Law, Finance, Appraisals, Escrow, Ethics, Agency, Fair Housing, Risk Management, Trust Funds, Home Inspection, Real Estate Practice, and much more.
- For over a decade Steve has also taken ancillary coursework and educated himself in niche areas of real estate including foreclosures, REOs, short sales, and creative finance. Many of Steve’s colleagues consider him to be one of the most skilled Short Sale Specialists in the market today and the unrivaled specialist in high-end real estate auctions. This knowledge and experience is particularly valuable to his clients in our ever-changing real estate market.
Meet Steve Uhlir, Broker/Founder SURE Real Estate
For over a decade Steve has been an active investor buying and selling residential real estate as well as a landlord of many rental properties. He constantly pushes the envelope in terms of innovative strategies and marketing creativity. In 2004 Steve set up the first-of-its-kind luxury auction division and changed the way certain high end homes were sold in San Diego. As a result, he and his team have sold multi-million dollar properties from Rancho Santa Fe to La Jolla and Ramona, to Del Mar. In recent years, Steve has closed the largest, multi-million dollar residential real estate auction transactions in San Diego County history.
Previously he spent over a decade in the technology sector of corporate America in numerous executive sales roles achieving the highest executive sales positions at multiple Fortune 1000 companies. In this capacity he sold some of the highest value contracts for the companies he represented including deals that exceeded over $100+ Million. This experience led Steve to start his own phone company, Veracom Networks, Inc., which was a California Public Utility licensed phone service provider for more than 8 years in concert with his real estate activities. He has also led 100+ member sales teams and has been awarded the highest sales achievements in his field including numerous President's Club, Top Producer, and Inner-Circle awards.